Welcome!

Hey! Welcome to my food blog. I am having so much fun with this one. Here you'll find recipes and pictures of yummy things I cook up, tips & tricks to make things faster/easier, some reviews of my favorite food products, and some eating out recommendations! Thanks for stopping by.

The blog will be taking a healthy turn since my PCOS diagnosis. Gotta get creative!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Twice Baked Potatoes

A Facebook friend had these last night and it sounded sooooo good.


Ingredients
As many potatoes as you will need (1 potato makes 2 Twice Baked)
Sour Cream
Green Onions, finely chopped
Shredded mild cheddar cheese
Bacon bits
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  1. I baked mine in the microwave the first time. So use a knife and stab some breathing holes in them. My microwave has a potato button and I hit it 3 times, because I could fit 3 of mine on a plate. But, if you don't try 15 minutes for 3 potatoes, and flip them over at 7 1/2 minutes. Poke them with a fork and make sure they are soft.
  2. You may want to let them cool a few minutes. 
  3. Slice in half, completely through. 
  4. Using a small spoon, dig out as much of the potato as you can, leaving a thin wall of potato behind for structure.
  5. Put the potato insides in a mixing bowl. Add a few spoons of sour cream and and about 2 teaspoons of green onions. 
  6. I used a fork to mix and mash mine, but you can use a mixer if you want a creamier consistancy.
  7. Spoon the potato mixture back into the hallowed out potatoes.
  8. Line them up in a pan and top with shredded cheese and bacon bits.
  9. Bake until cheese is melted.

Photobucket

No comments: